Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recording Classroom Lessons

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Bantymom,
    I too provide professional development. For our 77 ISDs and 67 Charter schools, in our 10-county Region, we have Iris Connect with Swivl[tm] systems, for our school districts to borrow, that do exactly what you are attempting. It has two tripods, one for a stationary iPad, and the other tripod rotates a second iPad 360 degrees, to follow a fob/ microphone that is worn by the teacher. Google it and put one on your wish list. They are slick.

Now my poor man's solution that I think may work for you..... Get a free ZOOM webinar account. It will let you conduct a MP4 rendered-webinar, for up to 45mins (on the freebie acct), that you will join with your iPad and smart phone. Think Skyping with yourself..... ZOOM will let you record the session and render a MP4 video with all sounds captured.

Set the iPad to video capture your subject, video On, mic muted. Then, using your smartphone as a lavaliere in your pocket, you can leave the video off, and mic On. You will have to toggle the settings in ZOOM, to turn off "spotlight the speaker" so that your audio feed will not be the only screen recorded. If there is enough distance between devices, you might be able to turn both mics ON, on the phone and iPad, with their volumes muted, and not get a feedback loop. I have not experimented with that. May be something you can play with this weekend.
    Dale
    Last edited by DaleVO; 10-27-2018 at 03:23.

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Bantymom,

DaleVO seems to know his shallots, cultivate him!

I shall bow out from the discussion unless a basic technical, wires and stuff, query comes up. I am too far away and my experience is from long ago with blots on stage at Am Drams (freaking nightmare with their weedy little voices! "Never work with animals....SO true!)

I really feel for you tho', been thrown to foxes if not quite wolves IMHO. DO push for the gear Dale suggests. It seems "institutional sound" always gets the short end of the budget stick BOTH sides of The Pond.

Dave.

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Had to come back...There is a thread started about a week ago at sos.com of a similar "delegation".

A teacher again and this time tasked with installing a PA system in a gymnasium! Now even the seasoned PA pros here would baulk at THAT job! The acoustics are going to be horribly echoey and the placing of sound treatment very tricky. The gear, especially speakers will have to be protected from ballistic bodies and other projectiles. The teacher has not so far come back with exact details but has been advised to get in expert advice. Won't be the money for that of course!

#You gotta know when to hold'em, know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away and know....#!!

Dave.

Thread Information