Thread: Plug iRig Acoustic into Audio Interface

Thanks

Plug iRig Acoustic into Audio Interface

Sign in to disable this ad
    Iím fully aware that the iRig Acoustic was meant to plug in to smartphone or tablet through the 3.5 mm jack. However if you attach the standard 6.35 mm adaptor will you then able to plug it in to the Line input on an audio interface in for example the Scarlett Solo?

If this is possible, I would be able to record both my XLR mic AND the iRig Acoustic at the same time.

Thanks.

Thanks
    I see no reason why that wouldn't work. Headphone out to line in. 3,5 mm to 6,35 mm TRS jack.

Interesting thing. It's a MEMS omni with good specs. Have you tried it?
    MB Pro, FF400, MKH816, AKG C451-C1/CK8, NT1, B5, MD21, Korg RC168, DEQ830, ADA8000...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
    I see no reason why that wouldn't work. Headphone out to line in. 3,5 mm to 6,35 mm TRS jack.

Interesting thing. It's a MEMS omni with good specs. Have you tried it?
    Thank you so much for your reply. I found the answer on their webpage forum. Unfortunately it isn't possible.

If I buy the iRig Acoustic STAGE, it has a lot more options though.

I read that to connect to USB sound sources to your MAC you need to be aware of the bit and khz are the same between the two USB sources. Do you know anything about this?

An iRig Acoustic Stage is 32bit 48khz, whereas my vocal mic, iRig Mic Studio is 24bit, 48 khz.

Will I be able to do a recording with both on 24bit, 48khz? Meaning that I record the Acoustic Stage lower than its 32 bit. Will that ruin anything?

I assume it would ruin the recording if I instead tried to record the session in 32bit as it would be too much for 24bit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aien89 View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply. I found the answer on their webpage forum. Unfortunately it isn't possible.

If I buy the iRig Acoustic STAGE, it has a lot more options though.

I read that to connect to USB sound sources to your MAC you need to be aware of the bit and khz are the same between the two USB sources. Do you know anything about this?

An iRig Acoustic Stage is 32bit 48khz, whereas my vocal mic, iRig Mic Studio is 24bit, 48 khz.

Will I be able to do a recording with both on 24bit, 48khz? Meaning that I record the Acoustic Stage lower than its 32 bit. Will that ruin anything?

I assume it would ruin the recording if I instead tried to record the session in 32bit as it would be too much for 24bit.
    I don't quite understand why it wouldn't work or which website page you read that on. The iRig Acoustic says it can provide a LINE level signal, presumbably using an adapter then you'd just go into the 1/4" jack on the Solo, and stick a mic into the XLR jack, right?

The devices in an aggregate device that's an audio interface would have to be the same setting, otherwise the project would incorrectly process the data, assuming you'd get that far. I.e., your audio project has a sample rate and bit depth setting for the project (all tracks). But, it looks like the iRig Acoustic is just outputting an analog signal, right? you can set the Solo to 48kHz/24-bit and create an aggregate device with the iRig Mic Studio (though it would be a lot simpler to just plug a mic into the Solo along with the iRig Acoustic (pickup), wouldn't it?).
    "... I know in the mornin' that it's gonna be good
    when I stick out my elbows and they don't bump wood." - Bill Kirchen

Thanks
    You seem to confuse Some stuff. Why don't you tell us what the plan is?
    MB Pro, FF400, MKH816, AKG C451-C1/CK8, NT1, B5, MD21, Korg RC168, DEQ830, ADA8000...

Thread Information