Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old fart taking a Tablet!

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks

Old fart taking a Tablet!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Going to pickup the Acer A1-840FHD today as it looks to be the best overall value (no 3G phone but not bothered, it will rarely leave the house) .

Is there a remote DAW app for Android that I might use?

Dave.

Thanks
    (Assuming Windows ) Microsoft actually has Remote Desktop App. Last time I tried it, it worked OK, but the screen size difference made it a tad difficult. Doesn't cost anything to try.

You do have to create a user to log in as with a password. If your current user doesn't have a password, you will have to create it. Read through MS on remote desktop setup, once that is done, the app will be much easier to setup.
    DM60 Tunes: The Collection

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DM60 View Post
    (Assuming Windows ) Microsoft actually has Remote Desktop App. Last time I tried it, it worked OK, but the screen size difference made it a tad difficult. Doesn't cost anything to try.

You do have to create a user to log in as with a password. If your current user doesn't have a password, you will have to create it. Read through MS on remote desktop setup, once that is done, the app will be much easier to setup.
    Heh! Been on it a bloody hour or more. Can't even get email setup yet!

And I thought laptops were hard work!

Err? And just to be clear. I only want to run a bit of say Cubase, not the whole of Win7!

Dave.
    Last edited by ecc83; 12-20-2014 at 08:24.

Thanks
    I'm using an iPad but here's a link to 7 daws for Android Cubasis is the first one they discuss...Good Luck!
    Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ecc83 View Post
    Err? And just to be clear. I only want to run a bit of say Cubase, not the whole of Win7!

Dave.
    Right, but once you set it up, it would be just the DAW open and you get full functionality. Just a suggestion.

Thanks
    Can you clarify what you mean by "remote DAW app"-- are you looking for an actual DAW to run on your Android tablet, or just an app to let you remotely control a DAW that's running on another computer on your WiFi network-- and if the latter, which OS/DAW are you looking to remotely control?
    Michael Rideout - Yamaha YPT-400/PSR-E433/PSR-E443/PSR-EW400/MX49BK; M-Audio Axiom 61-II
    Acoustica Mixcraft; PreSonus Studio One; Steinberg Cubase; etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGtGruff View Post
    Can you clarify what you mean by "remote DAW app"-- are you looking for an actual DAW to run on your Android tablet, or just an app to let you remotely control a DAW that's running on another computer on your WiFi network-- and if the latter, which OS/DAW are you looking to remotely control?
    Initially WiFi remote of some functions, faders, transport say, of Cubase LE6, probably Reaper. in Win 7/64. I guess what I mean is an app for an Android that works like a MIDI controller?

A full blown music app for the tablet would be great. How do you go about an interface?

Dave.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    I'm using an iPad but here's a link to 7 daws for Android Cubasis is the first one they discuss...Good Luck!
    Actually, 5 of the 7 are for iOS-- only 2 (TouchDAW and Audio Evolution Mobile) are for Android. TouchDAW looks good for using control surfaces to remotely control DAWs running on other computers, whereas Audio Evolution Mobile is an actual DAW. I haven't tried either one yet, but both look promising-- as well as very affordable.
    Michael Rideout - Yamaha YPT-400/PSR-E433/PSR-E443/PSR-EW400/MX49BK; M-Audio Axiom 61-II

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ecc83 View Post
    A full blown music app for the tablet would be great. How do you go about an interface?

Dave.
    I haven't done much with my Android tablet yet (a Nook HD+ with standard Android bootable from an SD card), because I primarily use some Yamaha keyboards that have a USB-MIDI interface and Yamaha hasn't put out a USB-MIDI driver for Android yet (and possibly never will).

With my iPad I have to use Apple's Camera Connection Kit so I can connect the USB cable from a keyboard to the iPad.

With my Windows tablet I have to use a micro-USB-to-host cable with a USB-A-female-to-USB-B-male adapter.

Is that what you meant by interface? Edit: I don't have an actual audio/MIDI/USB interface device yet, since right now I just plug multiple keyboards into my computer's USB ports. But I can connect only one keyboard at a time to my tablets, so I may eventually need to get an interface device.

I think I may buy TouchDAW to try it out for remotely controlling a DAW on my Windows computer. And I may also buy Audio Evolution Mobile to try it out as a DAW.

Thanks
    Touchdaw takes a little getting use to, but it works, confirmed it. Make sure you get the rtpMIDI. installation.

Free to try by the way.

Thread Information