Need a drum mic kit to record drums (all but overheads)

TheComposer

Sup, well I have 3 condenser mics and won't be planning on buying more of those, BUT now I'm trying to see a drum mic kit or probably some spare mics to record my drummer.

Budget: 350 and less??

He uses a kind of big kit too:

Bass drum
Snare
4 toms (or 3?)
Hi-hat
Tambourine (Not sure if the hi hat or condenser can record that)
Octobans (For fun stuff)

I must say, that his drumkit sounds AWESOME, I got a Tascam 1800 so I'm setting everything to record him ASAP

I have 3 condensers like I said, not sure if I could use the 3 of them as overheads or maybe only 2 and use the remaining one for hi hat or something.

EBAY LINKS IF POSSIBLE (I'll buy stuff there, or GUITAR CENTER or MUSICIANS FRIEND)

We play prog metal, does that matter?

I really like the Sennheiser evolution mics E604 for toms E602 on kick. People seem to love Audix mics especially in the metal realm.

Sup, well I have 3 condenser mics and won't be planning on buying more of those, BUT now I'm trying to see a drum mic kit or probably some spare mics to record my drummer.

Budget: 350 and less??

He uses a kind of big kit too:

Bass drum
Snare
4 toms (or 3?)
Hi-hat
Tambourine (Not sure if the hi hat or condenser can record that)
Octobans (For fun stuff)

I must say, that his drumkit sounds AWESOME, I got a Tascam 1800 so I'm setting everything to record him ASAP

I have 3 condensers like I said, not sure if I could use the 3 of them as overheads or maybe only 2 and use the remaining one for hi hat or something.

EBAY LINKS IF POSSIBLE (I'll buy stuff there, or GUITAR CENTER or MUSICIANS FRIEND)

We play prog metal, does that matter?

What condenser mics do you have?

You don't have a few 57's laying around?

A better mic for the kick may be in order also but really you could just get a few 57's and start getting shit done.

Back