Multitracking live IPhone 6s/ IPad Air 2

Romas Masteika

So I have been recording live for a while now but the equipment is bulky and time consuming to set up often meaning we don't bother before allot of shows.

After having had a look on the Internet and come up empty handed I thought I would ask here.

I have an iPhone 6s and an IPad Air 2 at my disposal, both running IOS 9.2. I would prefer to use the iPhone as it involves taking less gear and much less likely to get damaged.

I am looking for a multitrack of 4 or more channels, ideally 8 or more plus a DAW that works with it. Compactness is paramount and functionality is essential, it must have a good noise flaw. Effects and VSTs are not necessary as it's purely for recording. The mixing will be done in logic post recording. I want enough of a mix to do a live mixdown of the band that's good enough for videos. Budget is what ever it takes without going mad.

So any advice please?

I use both Auria and Cusasis for IOS, they work great for getting ideas down and work nicely with CPU utilization. Cubasis is cheaper but simpler to use, Auria is more like a pro setup, about as good as it gets for IOS. Even Garageband has been improved with their newest update in a few years.

Back