MBox With iPad

blove

(I mistakenly posted this in the "Digital Recording" forum. My apologies)

Hey everyone...been a while since I have been on here. I hope everyone is safe. Firstly, I have never been good with troubleshooting pc's and quite frankly I haven't had much sucsess recording with them. Something always seems to happen that sets me back. If and when I finally get the issues resolved I end up having to learn things all over again. It has been very frustrating to say the least.

With that said, I am considering switching to a Mac. Right now all I have is an Mbox, my iPad and the preinstalled Garageband app. I will be upgrading to a macbook and Logic but for now just want to get started with Garageband.

Has anyone tried to use an Mbox with an iPad? It's the only interface I have. I saw someone use a Scarlet 2i2 and connected it via a USB hub and a usb/lightning adapter. I also read somewhere on here that if you have Amplitude as a plugin then it wouldn't matter which interface you used.

I was wondering if the MBox might have some kind of compatibility issue with an iPad.

Much appreciated.

Hi,
Some interfaces are class compliant and, therefore, don't require drivers.
Most, or all, class compliant devices should work with an iPad as you describe.

I think some models of MBox are class compliant and others are not so whether or not it'll work depends on which specific model you have.

Also, I tidied away your other post. :)

Hi,
Some interfaces are class compliant and, therefore, don't require drivers.
Most, or all, class compliant devices should work with an iPad as you describe.

I think some models of MBox are class compliant and others are not so whether or not it'll work depends on which specific model you have.

Also, I tidied away your other post. :)

Cool, thank you. I bought my MBox around 2012 or 2013. It still works fine. How would I go about finding out which model it is?

I expect it's probably printed on a label on it somewhere but if class compliance is what you're looking for you can plug it into any computer that's never 'seen' it before and find out if it works.

If it works straight away with no drivers or software then it's class compliant and should hopefully work with the ipad.

Back