Keep subject in position

Stevenasmith

Hello I’m looking for a software or an app that when you record it keeps the subject level and in position even if i Twist my wrist and rotate the phone or camera 360, 180 etc while facing straight. any help appreciated.

Last edited:
I've seen some cameras with a mode that tries to keep things level, along the lines of image stabilization. They work to some degree but what you're describing is unlikely to be in the video recorder, but something applied in post.

I have seen some plugins (in my browsing around) that can do the kind of isolation you describe, keeping the camera motion and even panning out of the framed area, but I haven't seen one that does it through a camera rotation. Might be out there, of course - never looked for anything like that!

I'd start looking at plugs for the video editing application you're using or ask on video-specific sites, and maybe ones specific to a particular app, or direct your question to one of the big plugin writers for your chosen editor. Or, if you see someone's video that does that, ask them!

I've seen some cameras with a mode that tries to keep things level, along the lines of image stabilization. They work to some degree but what you're describing is unlikely to be in the video recorder, but something applied in post.

I have seen some plugins (in my browsing around) that can do the kind of isolation you describe, keeping the camera motion and even panning out of the framed area, but I haven't seen one that does it through a camera rotation. Might be out there, of course - never looked for anything like that!

I'd start looking at plugs for the video editing application you're using or ask on video-specific sites, and maybe ones specific to a particular app, or direct your question to one of the big plugin writers for your chosen editor. Or, if you see someone's video that does that, ask them!

Ok thank I’ll try that and thanks for answering.

Ok here what I’m trying to do. I’m a fine artist and I have this machine that spins clockwise. While it spins it creates images. I want to record it live and display it on a tv but always in one position while it creates images.

Is it possible to do so? Sorry I should of posted this first. But ya I will ask around.

Wouldn't [somehow] mounting the camera on the spinning axis capture what you want? If it's spinning with any speed even a really good plugin might have problems if there's too much difference between the angle in each frame. Just guessing how they work, but there's got to be something they can identify, otherwise it's like when I try to take a panoramic photo and the camera tells me I'm moving too fast.

If you're using a spinner platform similar to below, you could attach a tripod or pyramid to it and affix a phone/camera beneath the apex as illustrated.

vaOCzJN.jpg

F8QD3NV.jpg

Back