Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ipad air will not recognize any camera connection usb kit to midi keyboard ideas?

Thanks

Ipad air will not recognize any camera connection usb kit to midi keyboard ideas?

Sign in to disable this ad
    All, I am new to this forum and am trying to use my ipad air as a means to record my music via 8 pin small lightning connecter to interface my usb midi keyboard to garageband.
    I have bought three different camera connection kits that are just mini connecter to usb plug and ones that have usb and SD card inputs. None of these work. I get nothing or not certified hardware and might not work. I have tried all the tricks from YouTube and other threads with no luck. I am running ios 8.1.3.
    I can record input from headphone jack with irig but am wanting to explore digital input via the lightning connecter. At this point I am scratching my head and can't figure out why I can't get anything to work. I don't think my ipad is broke and I am sceptical to spend lots more money on dead end connectors. I have not bought the apple version of this connector due to extreme cost compared to cheaper versions as I believe these are non active hardware (passive) and think a usb connector is a usb connector...regardless of who built them. Anyone else have this problem and fix? I searched the forum for any previous post on this topic and found none....any ideas???????

Thanks
    Makes no sense unless you bought and aftermarket camera kit...then maybe it's the kit...that said......Because of the absolute COOLNESS of it...nothing else is quite as powerful ( it charges your ipad too ) I strongly encourage you to check out the iconnectivity stuff
    I have this but want this for the audio in and outs when they actually get it on the shelves...

Best part is both their customer service and user interface kick butt

Good Luck!
    Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    What keyboard is it? Maybe it's the keyboard, not the camera connection kit. Does the kit work with other USB connections?
    Michael Rideout - Yamaha YPT-400/PSR-E433/PSR-E443/PSR-EW400/MX49BK; M-Audio Axiom 61-II
    Acoustica Mixcraft; PreSonus Studio One; Steinberg Cubase; etc.

Thanks
    The keyboard is a casio wk 7600 ..and yes I tried reading an SD card via the card slot on the one that also has the card reader. Thanks

Thanks
    I've been told that Casios are CoreMIDI-compliant, and I don't even see any drivers for Apple operating systems on Casio's web site, so I wouldn't think that the keyboard is the problem. You are using the USB connection, correct? And I'm confused when you say you've bought three different kits-- I thought there was just the one?

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit - Apple Store (U.S.)
    Michael Rideout - Yamaha YPT-400/PSR-E433/PSR-E443/PSR-EW400/MX49BK; M-Audio Axiom 61-II

Thanks
    I have bought three different camera connection kits (cck)thinking that the previous one was bad. Fortunately I have gotten refunds but all of them did not work eventhough I exhausted all remedies I read on YouTube, etc., and yes the usb connection -using cable from keyboard to usb plug in to ipad via cck.
    Hope someone out there has had similar problem and more importantly has fix...thanks! It's a real head scratches. I still question whether I should buy the apple certified connector but can't see why their usb hardware would be any different from other generic usb interfaces as I believe these cck are passive and contain no firmware etc., that makes them unique...does anyone know am I wrong on this assumption?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    I'm reading online that a lot of people are saying their camera connection kits stopped working after they updated their iPad Airs from iOS7 to iOS8.

Did you try closing all open programs on your iPad first, as well as rebooting it (powering it completely off for a minute or two)? Some people claim that that helped, although I'm not sure that was for the iPad Air.

Thanks
    Yes I tried the reboot numerous times but did not leave it off....so I will try that...and I know about the ios update and hope that someone has found a work around..thanks for all your help...will see if the wait period helps on power down

Thanks
    Maybe you're on a tight budget but call the dudes at iconnectivity and check with them before you buy...I'm pretty darn sure you won't regret the investment.
    Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGtGruff View Post
    I'm reading online that a lot of people are saying their camera connection kits stopped working after they updated their iPad Airs from iOS7 to iOS8.

Did you try closing all open programs on your iPad first, as well as rebooting it (powering it completely off for a minute or two)? Some people claim that that helped, although I'm not sure that was for the iPad Air.
    Sometimes depending on the device, direct connect with CCK requires a powered hub. I had the same problem using a Presonus 1818vxl audio interface to work directly using the usb lighting cable, once I connected to a powered hub it solved all my problems.

here is a quick video that shows you how to setup, there are more and undfortunately this is not in English but you will get the idea. End result, it will work 100%

Conectando Acessórios Musicais ao iPad com o CCK e Hub USB - YouTube

11. The Following User Says Thank You to waterbound For This Useful Post:

Thread Information