Audio Interfaces and Garage Band

Joyo

Hi,

I’ve just got a new phone and I’m amazed to see how much garageband has improved since I last used it about 5 years ago. I used to record all my music into garageband through the mic of my earphones. Since then I’ve done a lot of learning and built up a small but good collection of analog equipment and I normally record to a tascam reel-to-reel. However, I was so impressed with how intuitive and fun garageband was that I’d like to connect the two together. I’ve seen lot’s of small IOS guitar and podcasting interfaces such as the IRIG and the Roland Go mixers but I’ve just bought a Focusrite 18i20 and would rather not spend what I don’t have to spend. With the right cables could an Iphone (X) with garageband support a computer interface like the Focusrite or is it just too much for a phone to handle?

Thanks,
Jo

"They" here probably get fed up of me saying this but,
Pop over to soundonsound.com and ask there. They have a dedicated mac section but also a vast number of very technically able people.
Also, yes buy the proper kit but if you get it from Amazon you should have no problem getting a refund if it doesn't work.

Dave.

Back