ZOOM MRS-4 users needed...

TAK4!

Hello,
Im having alot of problems with drift on my zoom. are you having the same problems?

When I transfer my recorded vocals from the Smartmedia card to my computer and mix it with the music, it starts off on time but as the music progresses it will become more and more un-synced...

IS there something in doing wrong?

I tried to add the premade instrumental to the SM card and play it as "track 1" and record the vocals on track two. and mix them on the recorder. But when I convert the wav. to aud. and put it on the card. idk how to play it back on the recorder...

PLease help

Taka

Never had a problem...

doing that. I assume you are using the ZOOM software to convert tracks to WAV files for importing into your sequencer software - right? Then you import the converted WAV files to the software - at the same time - so that the project has all your ZOOM files -just to make sure that there is no problem with project sample rate and bit depth. Is this right?

Since the ZOOM records at 32kHz and 20 bits, and the sample rate is not the standard 44.1kHz 16 bits, when you export a track as WAV file it has the 32kHz sample rate. It's possible that your sequencer software cannot play the 32kHz file correctly, or maybe that the other tracks in your project are standard 44.1 files and that creates a timing difference between the tracks.

I have had good luck exporting ZOOM wav files into Audacity and saving the new track as standard 44.1, 16 bit tracks to import into other software programs.

You can also try the ZOOM forum for more help.

http://www.2090.org/zoom/bbs/index.php

I went on the ZOOM forums and the last post was around a month ago, I tried to sign up but its one of thoes forums where the admin has to approve. I still never got approved yet.

But I did try to use audacity but when I put my vocals or music in it slows it down, sounds like im talking in slow motion. I tried to play around with it but had no luck.

I also tried to convert the music to aud. and back to wav (how I convert the vocals) but after doing that the music slows down alot. So i thought it might just be the size difference so I cut it and still got the same results.

Maybe my recording setttings are wrong? or mixing wrong?

This is how I record. haha

1. press track "1" and record vocals
2. take SM card out and transfer to computer
3. convert the vocal aud. file to wav
4. convert my music from mp3 to wav
5. open Adobe Audition and open wav music
6. just "mix paste" wav vocals

What are you converting from mp3 to wav? Just curious. I have the mrs-8, but I haven't really used it much yet.

I guess I've never listened to all my tracks through a software DAW yet to know if this is going to happen to me. Sounds weird though. Does it happen to everything? Or just this time?

If that zoom site is what I think it is...I was approved right away. You might want to try again. I asked a question though and in three days, I've had no answers. Here, I have.

Im converting my premade instrumentals from mp3 to wav.

Yes it does happen to everything.

Yah i think ill try again. haha

curious again...are you getting the mp3 files from someone else? It seems like I'd keep it a wav file if it were mine. Just an aside that doesn't answer this question. Have you tried something like reaper, just to make sure it isn't Audacity doing it? Is it an ongoing problem, or just this once? It'll suck if my mrs-8 does the same thing, lol. I haven't gotten to use it much.

And, in Sonar, you can just import an mp3. Maybe audacity will do that. Maybe it's in the conversion process. Probably not, but I'll try anything when the shit hits the fan.

are you getting the mp3 files from someone else?
Yes a friend premakes them in FL studio, and gives them to me.

Have you tried something like reaper, just to make sure it isn't Audacity doing it?

I have not tried reaper, I tired it in Audacity and Audition and i have the same problem..

Is it an ongoing problem, or just this once?

Ongoing

Maybe it's in the conversion process

I did try different converters, but i get the same results..

idk what im doing wrong haha

I'd say make sure your drivers on the mrs-4 are up to date. There was a new driver for the mrs-8, which I need to update, and that makes me guess there is at least one for the mrs-4 too. But, that really sucks. I just used mine and had no problems whatsoever, except I can't seem to get the levels just right without clipping so they sound really quiet.

It's probably not anything you're doing wrong. If you're using the convertor software and exporting them to wavs, then you can't be doing anything wrong.

Do you still have time to take the unit back?

haha when cheap price talks I listen. :D but it was brand new, unopened. So I thought "why not" haha

Well theres no drivers for my thing but I did get accepted to the zoom forums, so i posted there and hope i can work this out.

bouncing tracks

hey ive been following the instructions on the manual for bouncing onto v-takes 8 of tracks 1&2. however, it has only bounced tracks 1&2 onto their respective v-takes and has completely left out the third track i wanted to bounce onto it as well. i have no idea how to bounce this third track onto the take with tracks 1&2 on it now, the manual doesnt really make this clear.
can anyone help shed some light on this at all? would be very much appreciated.
'ta

alan

Back