Why do I hear drums on my guitar track?

D_Vincent

Why do I hear drums on my guitar track or any other track that the drums were not recorded on...I usually listen to the drum track as im recording other instruments however the drums seem to bleed into other tracks...anyway to stop that from happening.

Im using mixcraft to record with.

Turn down your headphones or get ones that are better at blocking noise out (thus keeping the drum sound IN).

Are you even using headphones? It sounds like your just using the the monitors. If you are then I'd suggest the post above.

Im using headphones when recording...I dont mic my amp...i use line ine or whatever its called...maybe its just a flaw in the mixcraft software...not sure.

thanks for the replies.

Do you have any reverb or other send/returns set up? Sometimes if you solo your guitar track the returns will still stay on. I don't know anything about Mixwizard, in other DAWS there are options on how to deal with this.

Just an idea.

I think its the mixcraft recording software because Ive downloaded and testing reaper today and i dont seem to have the same problem...not so far anyway.

thanks for the replies

Back