Where can I get some awesome free VST plugins for Vocals and Acoustic guitar?

RoOkiE85

Common guys...I know theres some guys in here who uses some free vst plugin that works wonders with vocals and the acoustic guitar...let me know where i can get them and the name of it...thanks...

What do you want to do with your dry tracks?

well, ofcourse imma have drum beats and everything too...i need all the works...i have a bass guitar also...and a keyboard but would like to know where i can get some vst for vocals, guitar, drum beats, and percussion(strings and violins and stuff...) let me know guys...even the stuff that is worth buying i want to know, its always better to start out with something free than work my way up cause i'm a beginner recorder...

ok...just downloaded some and hopefully they'll work to wonders...

SIR
Fish Fillets
SSS EQ & C3 Multiband
Gsnap

I got a buddy who has them Wave Mercury bundle software he downloaded...I was wondering if those are any good...I know that the software itself has a whole bunch of stuff but i dont think i need that much...if you have used it, can you tell me which plugins from wave mercury is good? thanks...

You didn't answer my question.

What did you want to do with your dry tracks?

I'm a local artist. I want to record some demos. I want them to sound like some good home studio recordings. something that sounds like studio quality to the ears...

I want them to sound like some good home studio recordings. something that sounds like studio quality to the ears...

Plug-ins won't help you. And if you're not sure how to use them, they'll hurt you.

The so-called "secret" to an "awesome" sound is no secret at all. It's all about tracking properly, which means it starts with (in order of importance)the performance, goes through the quality of mics and their placement, and ends with proper levels going into your recorder.

There is no magic plug-in with an "EASY" button on it.

Maybe you can tell us what you use to record, for starters, and people can help you with getting the best sound out of what you have.

this is what i'm running right now...

Sony VAIO laptop
Model: FZ460e
Microprocessor:2.1Ghz Intel Centrino Core 2 duo T8100 Processor
Operating System:Windows® Vista Home Premium
Hard Drive:250GB (5400 RPM) SERIAL-ATA Dsk
Memory: 2048B DDR2 667Mhz SDRAM Memory
Expresscard: 2 port firewire400, 1 port 2.0 usb

M-audio BX-5 monitors
Mackie Onyx 1220 with firewire interface
Rode nt1-a condenser mic

I'm not sure you are understanding anything of what we are asking, or, what is even more true, is what you want to do.

You want to get plug-ins. For what? What are you using these plug-ins for? Do you even know what plug-ins do?

I'm not sure you are understanding anything of what we are asking, or, what is even more true, is what you want to do.

You want to get plug-ins. For what? What are you using these plug-ins for? Do you even know what plug-ins do?

did i not clearly state that i'm doing vocals and acoustic recordings...i need these plugins to help me out on th sound quality...i know it all depends on equipment too but i'm not in a great financial state right now...so i go to my last option and get plugins to help out.

Yes... But what's wrong with the sound you have at the moment? It may be that your mic placement or performance is at fault, rather than your plugins.

.....So.....Right now, how do you mic the guitar??? Where do you place the mic??? Have you tried moving the mic around??? Do you record your vocals and guitar at the same time or seperately???? What DON'T you like about the sound that you THINK a plug-in can fix???

You know........that kind of thing.......:rolleyes:

Let me rephrase my question.

I'm not asking what is your ultimate strategic goal (making a demo or whatever), I'm asking what you want to do with what you've recorded? You say you need plug-ins, you asked us what is good. But how do we know what you need if you don't know what you want to do?

what everyone is saying is you have specified anything at all.

you need to reword your intial question to something like

"Whats the best free reverb plugin?"
"Whats the best free eq plugin?"
"What plug in will make my guitar sound like [example here]?"

But then again plugins wont provide you studio quality like everyone has been stating it is the tracking

ok....maybe, i am a newbie at work here but you guys need to make it easy for me to understand too...you see how things can be so misunderstanding...i'm not quick to judge...but ok..here's my issue....my recording sounds good but when i listen to it over and over or the next day, it seems like it needs an extra boost in something...sounds kinda plain...thats why i'm looking into plugins...i'm only running a mixer straight into a laptop with a rode nt1a condenser....but yea...dont know much about compressors or reverb or delays....remember...i'm new at this...help me out with my first problem then we'll go back to the second which is the beats and stuff...

Back