volume isnt power.

royalb

When dealing with multiple songs/tracks for an album, how do you eq the volumes? Not just dbs but the songs "energy" or amp as a whole. Is there any software or plugins out there?

It's called 'Mastering'. And there is a reason these folks called 'mastering engineers' earn what they earn. Because they do the final balance, the final...if you will..."ear-goodness" to your songs so the album flows, in terms of volume, and in terms of dynamics.

And you are absolutely right: volume isn't power.
Dynamics are :cool:

Best,
C.

yeah well thats what "mastering" is all about, bringing that finished product to a satisfactory level.............

and you'll need some good ears, a good compressor, good Equalizer, and an even better understanding and technique in mastering to pull it off....

i still know very little, but i read up on it as much as i can just to keep up with the speedy folk here, and as i'm sure they all will tell you...... your ears are ya best tool.....

another thing you can do is to try to mess around with ya bass boosts in moderation as well if it's power your trying to add to ya track....

yeah well thats what "mastering" is all about, bringing that finished product to a satisfactory level.
No, mastering is all about creating a compliant production master from a collection of mixes. The sub-layer is creating that master in a way that the different mixes have a consistency to them, and that holistically, the finished product translates to the widest selection of potential playback systems.

Loudness is a distant afterthought.

No, mastering is all about creating a compliant production master from a collection of mixes. The sub-layer is creating that master in a way that the different mixes have a consistency to them, and that holistically, the finished product translates to the widest selection of potential playback systems.

Loudness is a distant afterthought.
ahhh i've been enlightened once again.(truthfully thanks).... i mean i was gonna type the same thing you did but i didnt know how to word it, lol

*dusts off my armor and goes to my newb survival guide*

Back