Vocals Doubling

jeffoest

Hi all,

I'm new to computer DAW recording but have experience using dedicated multi-track digital recorders.

Anyway - this one has me frustrated and scratching my head.

My signal chain is the following:

Mic->Preamp->M-Audio Audiophile USB Interface->Mac (Logic)

My voice doubles on monitoring from the headphone jack from the Audiophile while singing/talking. However my keyboard instruments, guitars, etc.. do not double while monitoring using the same signal chain and same settings in Logic.

This really doesn't seem to make much sense I know....

Hi all,

I'm new to computer DAW recording but have experience using dedicated multi-track digital recorders.

Anyway - this one has me frustrated and scratching my head.

My signal chain is the following:

Mic->Preamp->M-Audio Audiophile USB Interface->Mac (Logic)

My voice doubles on monitoring from the headphone jack from the Audiophile while singing/talking. However my keyboard instruments, guitars, etc.. do not double while monitoring using the same signal chain and same settings in Logic.

This really doesn't seem to make much sense I know....

Do you mean in your headphones, you hear your voice twice while you are recording? how about afterwards, and you play it back?

My guess is it's a simple matter of selecting "direct monitoring" in your interfaces properties. Or something quite similar. It might be that you are just noticing the lag more with your voice than you are with other instruments. Also, try a lower latency setting.

Do you mean in your headphones, you hear your voice twice while you are recording? how about afterwards, and you play it back?

My guess is it's a simple matter of selecting "direct monitoring" in your interfaces properties. Or something quite similar. It might be that you are just noticing the lag more with your voice than you are with other instruments. Also, try a lower latency setting.

Thanks Andy. It actually records just fine - I just get the doubling in the headphones. I tried every possible option in my recording software for direct monitoring (the Audiophile interface doesn't have any options like this). But I'll look into the latency thing. I WAS wondering the same thing - maybe it's just not as noticeable for keys or a guitar? But I kinda think it would be but I'll do more experimenting tonight. I appreciate the thoughts!

Jeff

Back