VHS Recording

Jack Simpson

I haven't tried this yet but would someone please tell me if this will work...
Run my mic into a processor (reverb), into my 4-Track recorder. Run RCA plugs from the out on my 4-Track to the audio in on my Magnavox Hi-Fi Stereo VCR. Put a tape in both the 4-Track recorder and in the VCR. Select the track(s) I want to record on, then hit record on both the VCR and 4-Track and play the parts. Will this record the "high quality" sound on my VCR tape? Or am I totally lost.
Also, if this does work, when I'm ready to mix down, do I run audio out on my VCR to VCR in on my reciever then select tape monitor and press play on the VCR, and record on my tape deck (tape monitor loop)?

I don't get it. Do you want to record the same thing on the 4 track and the 2 track vcr at the same time?

I dont know about simultaneous recording but if you want to mixdown to the VCR just record on your four track as you normally would and when youre ready to mix down(Tthe four track tape is full)connect the main outputs of your four track to the audio ins on your VCR,put a new tape in the vcr,use effect send and return on your four track to patch in your reverb,adjust levels,pan,eq,and effect levels on the four track.When you have it set where you want rewind the cassette.Hit record on the VCR and play on the four track,record the songs,any breaks between songs,whatever and when your done your music will be on vsr tape.

Back