Transfer Cassette tapes to Computer

Carl888

I have just recorded a 90 min. tape using
audacity. This is my first time doing this.
Everthing went good with the recording
to Audacity. Then I tried to put it on a CD-
RW. I got an error message saying.
The disc you have inserted does not
contain enough free space. Please re-
move 11:07 from your project in order
to use this disc. How do you remove
from a disc. Any help would be
appreciated. Thank You

An audio CD can encode roughly 80 min of program content (Audio CD's by definition use audio encoded @ 16 bit/44.1 kHZ)

The same CD blank, and using the same 16 bit/44.1 wav parameters, can back up, as data, roughly 70 min

You were trying to record more data then the blank's capacity

depending on play back options there are things you can do. Flac has roughly a 4:1 compression ratio so 90 min would fit on a CD blank. Using a MOR 160 bps contstant bit rate MP3 encoder can pack 10-12 hours on a single CD.

Yeah, but FLAC's and mp3's won't play in your standard home cd player tho.. If you need standard cd's, you're going to have to burn 2 cd's.

You should be able to save it in almost any format and change it in your burning software, right? I have MP3's on my hard drive and if I chose to burn a disc in WINDOWS Media player I'd just click Burn, and select either audio cd or data cd or dvd. But suprstar is right. If you want it to play on a normal cd player you will need to use two cd's.

You need to divide up the 90 minutes into different pieces (songs/tracks), if it is not already. Then burn onto 2 CDs. Forget CD-RWs - they don't play on many machines. Just standard CD-Rs, they're 1/10the price and will play on any CD player.

You can allways edit dead space out...announcements...and maybe even one of the less desireable songs to get your project down to 80 minutes.

Back