Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade offs

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by maxman65 View Post
    A reference track is something I like the sound of ?maybe something like Joan Armatrading love and affection but realistically that's probably not a great example anyway because I'm pretty sure that's a 12 string . Nevertheless its atmospheric and present at the same time . Update - just listened to it . It's the package. I like what that song is doing . Plenty atmosphere but nothing which is communicating is getting buried . Actually there's a lot less guitar in There than I used to imagine . I guess it's an example of a track in its entirity.
    Ok....good............so you may have picked a reference track that you feel is representative of your goal for the "sound" you want. Realizing that there may be elements in the reference track (mic...room...guitar etc...etc) that you may or may not be able to duplicate......your focus can only be on making what you do have work for you. That's mostly trial and error if you go it alone. The best part is that you don't have to do that alone. You can incorporate YEARS / DECADES of professional expertise into your approach by posting a sample of what you're struggling with. There's no requirement for you to post a sample......not at all......but let's be honest and say that.....if you don't......not only will we be far less able to help you......but your posts about why your solo efforts are not working will become less and less useful to us here who want to assist and those others here who may be watching and reading in an attempt to solve a similar problem for themselves.
    Just A Song Writer..........

Thanks
    I've no idea as yet how to post a sample . The tascam dp008ex at some stage (which I've not yet read the manual for on this) will allow me to mixdown to a separate partition on the sd card .thereafter I can export or whatever as a wav file ? I have no computer as such unless an android phone plays a part in it .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maxman65 View Post
    I've no idea as yet how to post a sample . The tascam dp008ex at some stage (which I've not yet read the manual for on this) will allow me to mixdown to a separate partition on the sd card .thereafter I can export or whatever as a wav file ? I have no computer as such unless an android phone plays a part in it .
    Well......obviously.....if you don't read the manual...at least as to how to transfer a file (wav or mp3).....and likely many other aspects of using your 8 track......then you're certainly wasting a lot of your time (and some of ours) as you spin your wheels and make assumptions as don't get the results you want. I suspect that there may be a few ways you can get an mp3 or a wav from your Tascam to your android phone.....and on to us for some help.
    Last edited by Mickster; 08-12-2019 at 08:28.
    Just A Song Writer..........

Thread Information