Timing drums, other instruments vst? Help out!

jakenauta

Hey

Just wondering - when you say - record a drum track... i am just wondering how you ensure perfect timing, i know you can get programs that adjust this... relative to the bpm....

whats is the process/program called...

how would you do it pretty much!!

Jake

it's called having your drummer play to a click track . . and if he can't play on beat . . then he probably shouldn't be recording

Can someone with a bit of knowledge answer my question?

I guess its a program that adjusts the sound file....

Jake

jake. not sure if this is what your aiming for.
but when recording midi drum tracks (from a drummer hitting pads or triggers connected to a midi drum brain) sometimes the drummers timing might be slightly off. midi recording software like i use will let you "quantise".
which means you tell the computer to fix timing of notes played "off".
however - if the drummer is wildly off ....some manual editing of the
recorded drum track is often needed. also often - a lot of manual midi editing is needed to "fit" the drum tracks to say the other tracks like vocals and backing etc. to be honest there is no perfect solution ive found.
the best is to have the drummer play his track, best he can then do manual fix up of major drummer playing glitches.
peace.

Yeah, i am farmiliar with midi, but who wants that

I am talking audio

Anyway someone out there must know

Thanks anyway man

Jake

Yeah thats what i am talking about! - but the file didnt work for me, but they are talking about the right thing,

I am guessing when my band records drums next, we should do studio drums..sound smart?

Jake

Back