Tascam us 122 help

starfox

I just got this thing as a gift I've heard mixed reviews, It sounds real good but skips occasionally. Anyone had this problem. :confused:

I have one too and it skips as well. I use windows XP. I think it's probably a problem with the computer because the sound on media player for example skips sometimes too but not nearly as much as when using cubasis VST.

I have a US122 I sometimes use with a Dell 5150 laptop running XP. It was inconsistent and stutterred a bit when I first used it. I heard that USB audio connections are tempermental so I got info from musicxp.net on settings in XP to make it friendlier to audio, did the changes and it works well now.

The audio software I use is finicky about which drivers I use with the US122, and what the buffer settings are. Just had to experiment to find what worked.

Good luck.
Tim

are you using a usb 1 or 2

Do I need to upgrade to usb2 to run tascam us 122 better It does not say in manual also which is better driver asio or wdm.

Do I need to upgrade to usb2 to run tascam us 122 better It does not say in manual also which is better driver asio or wdm.

I've don't have USB2 and it works for me. You just have to try different drivers with different software and see.

Best of Luck
Tim

I've don't have USB2 and it works for me.

No wait... I checked and I do have USB2 on this laptop. I've used the US122, though, on my older desktop with with the old USB1 and it worked fine also.

Tim

As far as I know, USB2 works like USB1 if you connect a USB1 device
to it. It has to do with the transfer rate. USB2 is faster than USB1.

But if the device is USB1, it is designed to run at the slower speed and
does not take advantage of the USB2 capabilities. Since USB2 is newer,
there are not many USB2 devices out there. USB2 will compete on
speed with Firewire transfer rates (allowing for things like USB2 external
harddrives, just like firewire external harddrives).

Back