tascam DP02-CF

genetown

OK-first time, if wrong place, aplogies...

I have a Tascam DP02 CF. Don't understand formatting/partitioning. Have 8 gig card, loaded it, and yet when I go to "partition" it says: Partition 1- 2 GB
Partition 2- 2 GB
Partition 3- 1 GB

This only adds up to 5 GB. Do I have to reformat, and if so, how do I divvy the 8 gigs up?

Also, when I go to "Format" it says: Partition size- 2 GB
Fat Card@ 2 GB
7 GB

HELP! I really need to find someone who knows this machine.

What sort of problem are you having to make you want to do that?

The fat is also a partition, so you have 7 gigs accounted for rather than 5.

BTW, doing either will result in loss of all data.

I never understood the whole idea of partitioning on digital machines. Why do that when you create projects independant from each other? Is it because some parameters on the machines are set in concrete and cannot be changed unless there is a partition simulating a separate drive?

My Friend, if I were you,...

I'd put the CF into USB mode and read the size of the FAT partition with the 'puter. It may very well stat out at 3GB.
:spank::eek:;)

Last edited:

I never understood the whole idea of partitioning on digital machines. Why do that when you create projects independant from each other? Is it because some parameters on the machines are set in concrete and cannot be changed unless there is a partition simulating a separate drive?
I don't want to assume you've not read the DP02 manual, either way... Tascam has a rather simple explanantion:

"Songs can be created on a partition and moved to another one later for archive purposes, etc., or you can use different partitions for different types of songs."

... somewhere else (not sure where) I read,...

"For archiving purposes or to prevent inadvertent data loss."

... I guess that implies if you accidentally erase something on your active partition you may have a copy on one of the non-active partitions. I think that's an organizational tool or convenience item rather than a system limitation.

Last edited:
Back