Superior Drummer Question....

jerjabs

I have EZ Drummer and was looking to upgrade to Superior Drummer. I read thru the Superior Drummer user manual and it never states anything about dragging and dropping groves into your song like EZ does. Did I miss something? Does Superior have a big library of groves that you can drag and drop into your project or do you Need EZ Drummer first to do that...then tweek the beats in Superior?

Do you need something to create the beats outside of Superior?

I have EZ Drummer and was looking to upgrade to Superior Drummer. I read thru the Superior Drummer user manual and it never states anything about dragging and dropping groves into your song like EZ does. Did I miss something? Does Superior have a big library of groves that you can drag and drop into your project or do you Need EZ Drummer first to do that...then tweek the beats in Superior?

Do you need something to create the beats outside of Superior?

i thought the same thing as you so I read through the manual also and it doesn't mention it. Hmm, maybe it's just a sampler. You would need to write your own patterns with your DAW midi editor.

EZDrummer has an expansion kit similar to Superior called Drumkit from Hell EZx. It comes loaded with grooves. I recently got it but haven't tried it out yet.

hey guys,

I have both ezdrummer and superior drummer programs. I just recently upgraded to superior 2 drummer and that one is a lot better and you can interchange drums and you can also use the ezdrummer sound library in it too. superior 2 also comes with a huge library of midi grooves and it also comes with ezplayer which you can edit the midi grooves and play it in with superior. go to the toontrack website and look up sd 2 and look at all the possibilities with what u can do with it.

hey guys,

I have both ezdrummer and superior drummer programs. I just recently upgraded to superior 2 drummer and that one is a lot better and you can interchange drums and you can also use the ezdrummer sound library in it too. superior 2 also comes with a huge library of midi grooves and it also comes with ezplayer which you can edit the midi grooves and play it in with superior. go to the toontrack website and look up sd 2 and look at all the possibilities with what u can do with it.

Cool, where exactly IN the SD 2 interface are the drag and drop beats? I can't seem to locate them.

set up sd2 and then add the ezplayer plugin and run your outs of ezplayer into sd2 in. your midi library is in the ezplayer plugin. here's a pic of my set up. i'm using sonar for my recording. from ezplayer you can click and drop from there to your sequencer. i think in ezplayer you can even edit the midi grooves and stuff to them. sorry i didnt put any groove samples to show in that sample, but hope this works.

Attachments

• sd2 and ezplayer set up.jpg
    sd2 and ezplayer set up.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 153
set up sd2 and then add the ezplayer plugin and run your outs of ezplayer into sd2 in. your midi library is in the ezplayer plugin. here's a pic of my set up. i'm using sonar for my recording. from ezplayer you can click and drop from there to your sequencer. i think in ezplayer you can even edit the midi grooves and stuff to them. sorry i didnt put any groove samples to show in that sample, but hope this works.

Thanks for taking the time to set us straight. :)

Back