Studio Magazines

Telefun

Does anybody know if there are any magazines available for home-sound studio enthusiasts?
If so where are these hiding?

Thanks guys

Future Music, Sound On Sound, TapeOP, Mix Magazine, hmmm.... there's more out there I can't think of at the moment.

TapeOp is my fav by far. They cover everything from folks doing stuff on cassette four tracks to extreme high end. And did I mention it's FREE.

Does anybody know if there are any magazines available for home-sound studio enthusiasts?
If so where are these hiding?

Thanks guys

Sound On Sound is the best I have seen for this.

TapeOp is OK, but I don't read it anywhere as much as I do SOS.

Resolution and Audio Media are also good.

I signed up for tapeop 3 times over th last 18 months and haven't gotten anything. I want my money back!

+3 for Sound on Sound, if you are in Oz, Audio Technology, actually even if you are not in Oz, Audio Technology.

Alan.

Another vote for those two.

Sound on Sound is an excellent resource - they also have a great archive of articles on-line that non-subscribers can read. They do tend to be pretty high end, so it's mostly not written at newbie level, but if you're prepared to put some time into it the information is very good.

Audio Technology is also very good. In fact I just subscribed to it after buying 3 or 4 issues. What's appealing so far is that it has a comfortable balance of content. I'm not experienced enough to want to wade through something that's just solid tech-speak from cover to cover, but AT has plenty of articles and interviews with the people who actually use the gear - both artists and engineers. So you get not just the technical stuff, but info on how it's used. Good tutorials in the mag too.

Back