Studio fatigue

Good to know. Hadn't seen the long term durability.
I got a good old leather/chrome "executive office' chair. Durable and comfy without being overstuffed. Only thing i dont like is the lack of movement in the arm rests. So its no good for tracking guitar.
However, it and along with it. a couple of those office cubicle divider walls, were free from a sales place that went under.. they're on wheels some kind of real dense stuff covered in grey fabric. Make excellent gobos. :)

And although the chair is leather (which can get sticky), unless I mix nekked, no problems. :D

...I also got the one with forward tilt so you get a bit more of a forward lean that takes out any pressure under your thighs down at the knees. Some chairs are too high in that area and they will cut off the circulation to your legs, which is not good considering we sometimes sit for hours in the studio...

That is something I too am looking to avoid. Many of the affordable models in the $100-$200 range appear to be tilted slightly upward at the front of the thigh area, so I'm checking each of those for seat height to make sure they can go low enough to offset that. Finding one with that slight forward tilt would be nicer.

Got my leather office chair as a gift a few years ago, and the leather is just now starting to rip on the seat. I've had the arms off the entire time, since I also track guitars/bass in it. A good chair is definitely a priority. Going to be asking for a new one this holiday. Mesh is nice - had a real good one at a job in 2010-ish where I was at a desk all day, as opposed to now where I'm running around nonstop at work. So, yet another reason for a nice, comfy chair that's good for your back. Sometimes I'll be in here all day, sitting at this desk for 9-10 hours straight... gotta have a good chair. :guitar:

Back