so hanging blankets is good for vocals and recording ?

jimi

is it the more dead the better ? like i record in my tiled small closed kitchen but theres alot of echo ? is that good or bad ?
do most singers/songwriters like sheryl crow? thom yorke from radiohead etc do they sing in dead places??
seriously i wanna know so i can do the best for my vocals
thaks

a dead space is better for most....as you can then add echo or reverb etc., but you can't really remove it if it comes naturally from the space

ok i think i understand now
the problem is i dopnt have reverb unit or compressor but i gotta buy me some i know where to buy them too
but i will now deaden my small tiled no use room with carpets and stuff nd experiment and see if i get a better clean sound u know ? like not echoey and stuff like that i think thats gonna be better
i guess
thanks

If you are going to get multitracking software as per another thread you posted, you may want to consider using a reverb plugin, rather than buying an outboard reverb.

if your recording space has alot of echo or flutter, using heavy blankets will help.

if your recording space is bass heavy, blankets will not really help, you need bass traps.

i used heavy blankets for years.

Back