Reverb Chamber

propman

I don't know how many people who visit the MP3 clinic visit this part of the site, but I hope a few. I haven't posted in this section before. Anyway, I noticed that if you are in a room or shower or whatever that has a good amount of natural reverb that there are certain notes you can hit where the sound just goes crazy and bounces all over the room. Like you hit the frequency that that room is tuned to or something. Anyway, I notice that digital reverb lacks that, and I was wondering if there was a way to duplicate that within a digital environment. I hope I made sense.

-Adam.

Never be afraid to use the real thing.
You can experiment with placing a speaker in the bathroom, and placing a mic in different spots there, then play back the track in the speaker and re-record it with the mic. Blend to taste with the original 'dry' track.
The oldest and best method for getting reverb: a real acoustic space.
And we all have a bathroom (at least I hope so..)

C.

Maybe with an impulse reverb. I'm not sure I can really elaborate on that though.
I checked that out. WIth surprse, I had one in my VSTs. SIR I think. I never used it because I didn't really know how, or really what it did. I tried it out, and it sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the advise.

Never be afraid to use the real thing.
You can experiment with placing a speaker in the bathroom, and placing a mic in different spots there, then play back the track in the speaker and re-record it with the mic. Blend to taste with the original 'dry' track.
The oldest and best method for getting reverb: a real acoustic space.
And we all have a bathroom (at least I hope so..)

C.
You know, this is such a simple answer that I don't know why I didn't think of it. I am going to try that out sometime. There is this parking garage that really sounds geat that I think I might try to get a recording off of. Thanks for that suggestion.

-Adam.

Back