Recording vocal/guitar - 2 mics at once

Adrian W.

Behringer 802 into a BR-532 line-in. Using a MXL 603 for acoustic guitar and a 2001 for vocal.

Can someone suggest the best way to record both vocal and guitar at once? I realize there's gonna be some crosstalk between the mics but find recording guitar and vocals separately awkward. I'm sure this will limit how effects can be added later in Cool Edit since guitar and vocal won't be on distinct tracks. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

a cardboard baffle would be the best thing and to keep the mics away from each other as much as posible and some eq ideas to take the bass out of the voice a cut around 80 -160 to get some more seperation between the guitar and vocal

HA!

Take full advantage of the mic's patterns.

Try to have the guitar as close as possible to the negative axis of the vocal one. If cardioid, would be at 180 degrees.

The cardboard baffle is a great idea also. (doulo's)

Try to minimize leakage unless that is what you want.

Peace...

PC

2 mics at once

A music stands can make a handy baffle, if you don't mind having a flat piece of metal under your chin. Turn it so the back is horizontal, or tip it however works best.

I am assuming people still have music stands, though this may be a dangerous assumption.

Back