Recording two condenser mics through a Focusrite solo

mcmac74

Hi...so I may have been a bit hasty and purchased an audio interface with only one mic input with phantom power. Having made that mistake, could I now run the second mic into my joe Meek pre amp ( with phantom power ) and then do the line out from that into the line in (without phantom) on the solo?...or am I gonna run into signal issues of a sort I lack knowledge of at present!?

Cheers
Mark

According to the (Solo 3g) manual, the 1/4" input is designed to accept a balanced, line input, so just connect your mic preamp with to it with a TRS cable and you should be good to go. You'll have to adjust the gain/output at the preamp to get the best input level at the F'rite but it should be fairly obvious when you monitor how to get the two mics about the same.

Just don't push in the INST button, because that's going to expect a signal from a guitar/bass pickup, i.e., far below line level.

According to the (Solo 3g) manual, the 1/4" input is designed to accept a balanced, line input, so just connect your mic preamp with to it with a TRS cable and you should be good to go. You'll have to adjust the gain/output at the preamp to get the best input level at the F'rite but it should be fairly obvious when you monitor how to get the two mics about the same.

Just don't push in the INST button, because that's going to expect a signal from a guitar/bass pickup, i.e., far below line level.

That's good news...thanks Keith ?

Back