Recording single guitar in stereo

Ricklh

I have a Digitech RP50 and this past weekend I was messing around in CW's Guitar Tracks and did an instrumental multitrack recording with my acoustic/electric running through the Digitech (using stereo cables) and I'm amazed with the results every time I play it back, sounds so spacious and realistic, like a live feed instead of a recording, but then that's the benefit of digital, isn't it? Anyway, no question here, just wanted to post about how recording your single guitar track in stereo can make a big difference, if you pan and mix well. (edit) I forgot to mention that I did a total of 3 tracks with this particular tune, all using the stereo Digitech effect.

"Multitrack Recording Dabbler Extraordinaire"

Last edited:
Ricklh said:
I have a Digitech RP50 and this past weekend I was messing around in CW's Guitar Tracks and did an instrumental multitrack recording with my acoustic/electric running through the Digitech (using stereo cables) and I'm amazed with the results every time I play it back, sounds so spacious and realistic, like a live feed instead of a recording, but then that's the benefit of digital, isn't it? Anyway, no question here, just wanted to post about how recording your single guitar track in stereo can make a big difference, if you pan and mix well. (edit) I forgot to mention that I did a total of 3 tracks with this particular tune, all using the stereo Digitech effect.

"Multitrack Recording Dabbler Extraordinaire"
Very nice. I was advised at one time to get one of those by Manning. I didn't because the wife said no, but I still want one. I can get it cheap, too. :eek:

Back