Recording Latency

Chuy

Can someone please advice if I have to get another DAW or are there any setting/ticks to lower the recording latency

recorded first track, encountering latency while trying to record a second track using first track as playback. I am using a M-audio fast track MK II( the one with a xlr and 1/4 input) going into sonar X3 home recording version.

the settings on Sonar are
Sample Rate-44100

Mixing Latency
Buffers in Playback Queue:02
Buffer size:80.8msec (3564 samples)
Effective Latency at 44kHz/stereo: 80.8 msec

File Syste
Playback I/O buffer Size(kb(128)
Record I/O buffer Size(kb(128)
driver mode:WSAPI

Using Hp Laptop Windows 8.1 64 Bit OS(12.0 GB Ram)

have updated the M-audio drivers, ASIO settings do not work on the driver mode.

encounter clicks and loose sound quality if I lower the buffer size and I cannot record if increased.

Thanks, any suggestion would be greatly appriciated

There is a direct monitor option on the m-audio, if used there is a delay bordering on echo when setting up or recording the track.

The Driver mode/options are
WDM/KS
WASPI( the one used for recording)
ASIO
MME(32 bit)
Sonar won't record with MME and the ASIO settings leave track stuck in a loop when trying to record

There is a direct monitor option on the m-audio, if used there is a delay bordering on echo when setting up or recording the track.

In the software, turn input monitoring off. Just use the direct monitoring. Direct monitoring is completely independent of the buffers so you can set them to whatever makes the system run the smoothest.

I will try that, but I may still have latency on the recording track while playing the track that has already been recorded and the tracks do not match( are synced/on time to each other)

Record latency is different from input monitoring latency. If there's record latency you solve that in the DAW. Normally the DAW can measure and correct for record latency, but if it doesn't there's a control for doing it manually. Given that the ASIO driver doesn't seem to work it's possible that you'll have to do that, but first deal with the input monitoring latency.

Thanks guy, I'll take that into consideration and try to adjust the DAW settings, make sure sonar is using the m-audio drivers to get rid of that lattency

Hey guy, I was able to go into the m-audio settings and icrease the buffer size this allowed me to increase the buffer size on sonar and reduce the recording latency

Back