Recording a itunes song onto a track of my Tascam DP-03SD

Saxman1

I took the line out of my Imac with pin adapter from 1/4 inch cable to my DP-03 Line A input/mic.line and tried recording a song from my itunes onto a track and although it looked like the level monitor on my DP-03 was showing movement. When I went to play it back there was no sound? Is what I am doing even possible? Is there another way of getting itunes onto my Dp-03? Thanks!

So wait, you are using the same computer to play itunes and record? It may be an issue with using the same soundcard. I am not familiar with the DP-03 so not sure if that runs as a soundcard on your Imac.

Easiest I guess would be to use a tablet or other computer to send audio while you record.

I am not an 'I anything' guy so not the one to give direct advice with your setup.

Ask [MENTION=43272]Steenamaroo[/MENTION].

:)

Thanks, I am just trying to load the iTunes music from my mac that is there already onto a track of my 8 track DP_03. So basically trying to use my mac as an instrument. I am thinking that I may have to use the headphone jack off my mac or try to use my Tablet like you had suggested.

Back