Recording guitar feedback?

Xesi

Ayo, I'm just wondering what's the best way to get a nice feedback sound on recordings? I get lovely feedback when just playing through my amp but when I try to record electric guitar and want some feedback for the intro it sounds really fuzzy

Thanks x

Try moving the mic around. Put your ears where the mic is, you're probably listening far away from the mic placement.

Perhaps you should try moving the mic closer to the edge of the cone. the edge tends to have more warmth and less fizz.

Wondering why the feedback would be any fuzzier than the tone in general?

Exactly. I didn't wanna say it, but if your feedback is fuzzy, your tone probably is too. Feedback doesn't need to be recorded any differently than the basic guitar tracks.

I (liking guitar feed back some) got .. a bit of flack on a friends harp track i was mixing, left it in.
Well, it's a taste thing. I thought of it as cool and alive', he thought it said 'fuck up! ;)

I (liking guitar feed back some) got .. a bit of flack on a friends harp track i was mixing, left it in.
Well, it's a taste thing. I thought of it as cool and alive', he thought it said 'fuck up! ;)

I LOVE feedback. If I slam a note or chord while tracking and it goes into feedback, that's a good thing to me. It stays. Every time.

I think asking the guitar for feedback is the best way to go. Make out a questionaire and have the guitar fill it out.

Ayo, I'm just wondering what's the best way to get a nice feedback sound on recordings? I get lovely feedback when just playing through my amp but when I try to record electric guitar and want some feedback for the intro it sounds really fuzzy

Do you possibly get clipping anywhere in your recording chain?

Back