Using 1 condenser & 1 dynamic for 1 person stream?

Alanrey00

Hi Guys,

I just realized that my audio interface (UMC404HD) is able to use 2 mic to record at the same time, and I have 1 mic of each type but I have 2 doubts.

Will having the phantom power on would affect the dynamic mic (both mics go through xlr) or the complete audio interface?

Would it improve the audio in anyway (mainly streaming an video calling)?

Thanks

There should be no effect on the condenser by using the dynamic at the same time. As for whether or not it will improve your results........you'll need to try it out to see. Try a number of different mic placements. Experiment for a while. Without knowing your physical set up / space or the mics you're using.....I can't really add much more.

Will having the phantom power on would affect the dynamic mic (both mics go through xlr) or the complete audio interface?

Having phantom power on has no effect on dynamic mikes. Use dynamic and condensor together without fear. Some older ribbon mikes may be vulnerable though.

Maybe. But most likely it won't make any appreciable difference.

Hi Guys,

I just realized that my audio interface (UMC404HD) is able to use 2 mic to record at the same time, and I have 1 mic of each type but I have 2 doubts.

Thanks

no

depends on what you record and how you use them

Back