Suggest me a microphone stand for desktop

darelimit

Hello ! I am going to start streaming and will be buying the Samson Meteor microphone. I am thinking of getting the MILLENIUM MS-2002 microphone stand with it . My questions are :

-is the MILLENIUM MS-2002 a good mic stand to put on top of a desk and will it " fit " with the Samson Meteor ?
-do you have any other suggestions for a mic stand under 25$ ? Will be buying it from Romania so I would appreciate as many suggestions as possible .

Thank you for the help with my questions and for the suggestions . I will probably be going with the samson meteor mic for now .

I found 2 other microphone stands (the BESPECO MS36NE and the K&M 25905 ) . Which stand would you suggest that I should be getting from the 3 ,including the 1 that i first asked about , the MILLENIUM MS-2002 ?

Is there anything I should be looking for when searching to buy a pop filter ?

Okay, a few thoughts..

While that mic has the standard 5/8 inch screw socket for mounting on a stand, putting the mic directly on a boom arm without the usual sort of swivel will make it more difficult than it should be to position the mic as you want it.

Second, I'd recommend against a short stand on the desk, particularly with a mic that doesn't have any kind of basket mount or whatever to isolate it. With a desk mount, every keystroke on your computer or shuffling papers will transmit vibrations to the mic causing little noises. You'd be better off with a floor stand...if you go ahead with the Meteor mic, there's another Millenium stand (the 2003) for similar money but floor standing.

HOWEVER,

Looking at the mic and stand on the Thomann website, I came across this package deal which might give you everything you need at a very nice price: the t.bone SC 440 USB Podcast Bundle - Thomann UK I think that might be worth looking at!

Thank you for helping ! I am telling you , your bundle suggestion is really intriguing me . I could get the bundle and get it shipped to Romania but I am still looking into it .

I would really appreciate if you could tell me if you think the t.bone sc440 would be a really good mic to get . I just found the Blue Snowball while looking at the t.bone SC440 .What do you think I should get ? The bundle with the t.bone SC440 or the Blue Snowball with a popfilter?

I have no personal experience of the SC440 but I've yet to try any piece of Thomann own-brand stuff that wasn't good value for money. The demo of the SC440 (a female vocal) sounded okay to me--as much as you can tell with an MP3 anyway. I must admit to probably trusting Thomann stuff more than I would the Samson...but that's mainly based on prejudice. When I've been forced to use Samson stuff before it's not impressed me (and once let me down badly in a live situation).

I've heard the Blue Snowball and it sounds okay on spoken word...but yes, you would need a pop screen with any of the mics. FYI, for the reasons I mentioned above (wanting a mount that allows angle adjustment and one that isolates from vibrations) if you go the Snowball route, I'd go with the version they call the "ringer shock mount".

Edited to add: I meant to mention that Thomann have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee--you can return anything you buy from them no questions asked (you just pay postage) if you don't like it when you get it. This would apply to that package deal but also any other bit of gear you buy from them.

Thank you very much ! I saw the 30 day satisfaction guarantee from their web site . I will be going with the bundle u suggested to me . I wish you the best ! :D

I will be telling you as soon as I get it shipped. If you bought from Thomann before can you tell me how does the shipping work? I know that for Romania I will have to pay 20$ but will the product get delivered to my house or will I have to pick it up myself from some thomann residence or someplace in my country ?

My experience with Thomann has only been in the UK but there they ship to your home or office directly. Hopefully Romania will work the same way.

Back