Thread: Skype Podcast Recording Help

Thanks

Skype Podcast Recording Help

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi Everyone,

So I'm a bit stuck here..

I've finally gotten my microphone to record via my Focusrite through my computer.. but I'm looking to perform a 2 track recording session of a Skype conversation in Adobe Audition.

My problem is, for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the second track to fixate on the right input (output?) to record on the skype call as well.

So as I stand I click on track one, click on "Audio Hardware" settings -- Device Class = MME, Default Input = Line In Scarlett, Default Output = Speakers (So I can hear back everything through my headphones)

I've also set playback on my computer as speakers so that way I can hear everything through my headphones.

NOW, this is where I'm having issues.-- I'm basically flying blind trying to figure out how to map the second track to the skype call to record that as well. -- I'm not sure where to start.

It seems that when I click on the input within Audio Hardware setting for Track 2, the only option that allows me to pick any input aside from the Focusrite would be Wasapi? Does that make sense?

So I've armed track one to record via my mic, and playback in my headphones.. but I need track 2 to zone in on the skype conversation so as to record that as well.

Any help?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 978 Posts
    Just to be clear, do you want to record your voice via microphone to one track in your DAW software, and record the output of Skype to another track?

Does your focusrite interface have more than two hardware outputs? If so, route the Skype output to hardware outputs 3+4, then physically cable one of those back input input two on the interface.
    Failing that you might be able to get Skype to play out through the built in computer output then physically route that to input two on your interface.

It can be done with virtual bus software too but it can be a bit more of a pain.
    ---------- Steenaudio Website ----------

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rkearns10 View Post

I've finally gotten my microphone to record via my Focusrite through my computer.. but I'm looking to perform a 2 track recording session of a Skype conversation in Adobe Audition.

Any help?
    Kearns,
    I created a mix-minus Skype patch using my mixer and the Corey Snow-method referenced in this article.
    However, this article may provide a solution
    WANT A SIMPLE PHONE PATCH? USE SKYPE AND A TABLET
    Dale

Thread Information