Scarlett 18i8 no longer works in VoIP programs.

bibbis

It has been working fine in all my VoIP programs such as Skype, Discord, Ventrilo and Teamspeak for several years.

The interface itself still works perfectly fine in all my DAWs.
I can record with my microphones in all the DAWs that I'm using, and I can listen to raw input through the Scarlett MixControl software.
EVERYTHING WORKS FINE!

It happened over night, for no reason...
I didn't change anything with my interface.
I didn't install/un-install any new drivers or programs.
I literally just said good night to my friend on Skype, turned my PC off, slept, woke up, turned everything back on, and IT DOESN'T WORK anymore in any of the voice programs...

I've been troubleshooting this for WEEKS now, and, I have continued to record with my microphone and interface during this whole time without any god damned issues...
I understand that VoIP programs can usually only use the first input from most interfaces.
Like I've said, I've done this for years now so I understand the basics of how this works.

This makes absolutely no sense...

Windows update that ran when you powered off/on.

Maybe?

Can you do a system restore to when it was working?

Not really sure what to tell you outside of unintalling the device and it's drivers using something like ccleaner and reinstalling with new u p to date drivers.

Try that and report back.

Did you try uninstalling Skype and reconfiguring the audio driver in skype to be the focusrite?

When you say it doesn't work can you elaborate?
Do you get errors?
Any icons look different?
One way audio, or no way audio?
Zero indicator of any fault?

VOIP works with various codecs, G711 is common, G729, and many others. I would go to Scarlett support immediately. Something obviously changed.

Back