Which Mic and USB Audio Interface for game streaming?

Procaster or AT2035

• R0de Procaster

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Audio Technica 2035

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi guys,

So I went a bought a AT2035 as well just to try against the Procaster as I was having issues with the volume, I was not that impressed with it for my purpose however and so I have sent it back. I thought that the Procaster sounded much more broadcast quality and as my room is not treated it was picking up echos and other bad things that the Procaster has no issues with.

I got a reply from Focusrite that said to set the gain to 11 o'clock on the Focusrite and that it would not add any gain on line attenuation, however when I raise my voice I get a clipping light but only from the Focusrite not the DBX 286s so I am assuming it is getting a gain boost from the Focusrite, should I set it down to zero on the gain dial?

Also if I get my levels to around -6 -3db in Audacity to leave some headroom to raise my voice without clipping, I mean I can get it to -0db but as soon as I raise my voice it will clip, and then add some software gain in OBS the broadcasting software. I am assuming that adding it there is just going to add volume to my voice and cannot add extra gain or introduce clipping?

Hope you can help

Stu

Back