Can I monitor myself and still hear a guest over teleconference?

Im trying to work out the details of having someone on my show through teleconference and I’m a total novice and brand new to this equipment. (My show is normally just me narrating so never had guests on before)

I use a focusrite solo interface and plug my Headphones directly into the interface to monitor. Is there a way I can still monitor myself and hear the person?

For the podcast audio I think my plan is to have them record themselves and send me an audio file. I’ll do a clap over their speakers so we can sync up and then have them put headphones on to record so there isn’t an echo. Let me know if it’s more complicated than I think it is.

Thanks!

Im trying to work out the details of having someone on my show through teleconference and I’m a total novice and brand new to this equipment. (My show is normally just me narrating so never had guests on before)

I use a focusrite solo interface and plug my Headphones directly into the interface to monitor. Is there a way I can still monitor myself and hear the person?

For the podcast audio I think my plan is to have them record themselves and send me an audio file. I’ll do a clap over their speakers so we can sync up and then have them put headphones on to record so there isn’t an echo. Let me know if it’s more complicated than I think it is.

Thanks!

I know nothing about podcasting but since there are devices around now such as the Rodecaster for people who want to get a bit more complex in their efforts I suspect you wil, struggle with the really 'basic as its gets' Solo?

Dave.

Back