Recorded on Tascam DP008 with external Condenser mic?

To the extent you think the AKG Perception 120 is a "good" condenser mic, I should have something potentially to post in a few days. However, my recording experience is nearly zilch, so I'd hate to think you'd take your observations too seriously in my case :-). First though, are you still looking for a recording sample?

Hi Smalltowntexes.
I have a Christmas carol that I recorded on the Tascam DP008. Just voice and guitar.
The condeser mic I used was AKG C 535 EB.
I also used the Soundcraft MFX 8 i and transfered the files through Wave files on the computor then mixed it with Reaper software. The reverb used was IK multimedia's Classik Studio Reverb software and a run it through T Racks 3 ( (The standered version) mastering software.

I recorded the guitar with a DI box so the sound is'nt as open sounding as it would if it were miked up. maybe I should have miked it up , I am sure it would have warmed it up a bit.
I am not great at home recording I have a long way to go but here is an mp3.
Hope this helps.
There may be slight distortion on the voice as I don't think I set the levels right when recording , I am still learning.LOL
I love my DP008.

Dave

Attachments

• In the Bleak ( newone)Bleakmidwarmtapesat_TrackS.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Nice song Mr. Blues! I'll upload mine as soon as I get an opportunity to add one more track - i.e., whenever the 2 and 5 year olds are in the other corner of the house!

Thanks Tiggyboo.
I recorded another song on my Tascam DP-008 ,(One of my own songs) this time I used a condenser mic going straight in to the DP-008 . If you go to the MP3 clinic section I have just uploaded it.

Hope you enjoy plus I hope smalltowntexes gets a chance to hear how good the Tascam DP-008 works well with quality condenser mics.

Dave

Back