Record from laptop earphone jack

ROBINSON1041

I have some songs in my karaoke program, virtual D.J. that I need to make into a medly and burn on a CD. I need to alter the songs as they are being recorded. Is there any way to burn a cd from the earphone jack? Also how can I monitor what I am doing? Can I split the jack and listen with headphones? Any assistance would be greatly apprecitated. Ive tried to record to another lap top, an external hardrive, etc. but I can not put the songs in a list because I have to alter them.

Headphone jack to PC input - yes you can do it (use any program that lets your 'record' what is coming into the sound card). Of course it'll probably sound like crap ...

Thanks for your response.

I don't know what format they are. I am not that computer savy. I need to take 8 songs and delete a portion of each song so that I can make them into a "medley" of songs. I am not familiar with what sound card I have and I don't know how to access a recording program. I have a Gateway laptop (NV78) with Windows 7. The virtual d.j. program has a "record" button that I attempted to use. I put in a blank cd in the computer and clicked on the record button. The counter in the program started and it appeared I was recording the music as it played. However after a few moments I stopped the recording, took the cd out and put it back into the computer only to discover it is still blank. I bought an external burner but once again when I attemped to "add music" to record it took me to my folders. I don't know how to move the songs to my folders so I can the move them to the record program. I have downloaded a mixer program but once again I dont know how to move the music to the mixer. If I could then maybe I could alter the songs in the mixer. I realize I am probably not making a whole lot of sense to some people. I am not a stupid person, but I just don't know how to do what I need to do to accomplish my goal here. I slimply need to delete portions of each song and save them that way onto a cd, or a "stick" so I can perform them one after the other in a comedic Elvis show I am doing saturday evening.

I'm not saying this to be flippant, but you might want to try to find someone locally you could hire to do this for you.

Sounds like you are having problems with a bunch of things. Basically you need to import the songs into an audio program (audacity is a good free one), edit the files, then once the track is ready, you save it as an mp3 or wav and then the last step is to burn that file to a CD.

It's quite simple for someone who has a basic knowledge of working with audio files and burning CD's, but could be torture for someone who doesn't. And only reason i recommend getting help is because you have a time deadline.

Yeah, like NS said, you're having problems with some things that lead me to believe that this may take a little too long to learn. Recording programs are notorious for have steep learning curves.

If you want to continue to give it a go I woud suggest this.

On your virtual DJ program when you stop the recording can you play it back from that program? If you find that you are not recording anything look for an input option (you probably have to tell the program what input to record). If you are recording check for an export function, if you have that try exporting it to a wav file. If you can get it to a wave file then you're half way there.

If that doesn't work you'll need a program like reaper which will likley cause you a lot of headaches just because it will have such a steep learning curve. Not that I don't think you could figure it out, I just think 3 days to figure it out and complete a project is just a little too ambitious.

Back