program that supports 176.4khz sample rate

I have an unusual application of converting analog tapes to digital files, as well as back the other way but with a catch: at 8x normal speed using Otari high speed machines. (DP 4050)

The application is talking books which are traditionally copied on high speed duplicators. There is just too much material to do the conversions in real time.

I now have a suitable sound card, M Audio Audiophile 192 and the plan is to record or play at 176.4 (8 times 22.05khz) .

I've already done it at 192 but of course that requires a conversion back to standard rates like 22 or 44 which is an extra hassle. The card is capable of 176.4, but I cant find recording software to work at that sample rate.

Any suggestions? Doesnt have to do much except record or play at 176.4khz.

cheers Tim

I have no idea, really. It's not a standard sample rate.

Reaper has an option in the preferences where you can set a custom sample rate to "requeset from the sound card". Maybe this will work?

I have v5, it will support up to 384kHz, 176.4kHz is listed on the drop-down menu, I could save a file at that rate, but I can't play it with my soundcard unless I insert the SRC plug.

Back