problem with frequency range

mathai

hi all this is my first post in this forum..

I'm just experimenting with recording and mixing.I record(small time)
using nuendo with creative sb live sound card..the problem is everything i record (including guitar and kb)
is having a low frequency range which is between 40 hz and 2.5 khz
and are having low levels...the final mix also have only these frequency ranges...
i applied EQ and also boosted the levels,but the problem persists...
What could be the problem?
does anyone know,any help would be greatly apreciated

thanks
mathai

Yeah, you should sell your copy of Nuendo, pick up Cubase SX and use the extra money to buy a decent soundcard.

Wait.......

Someone say's they are having frequency problems between 40hz and 2.5khz and you suggest selling the sound card and software????

This is a massive frequency range. If I understand Mathai's post (and I'm not totally sure I do) a problem of this degree would CERTAINLY not be a poor choice of equipment purchase.

40hz to 2.5khz???? Come on even the choice of equipment you dislike most is capable of reproducing most of these frequency's.

Mathai could you clarify???

Joseph Hanna said:
Wait.......

Someone say's they are having frequency problems between 40hz and 2.5khz and you suggest selling the sound card and software????

This is a massive frequency range. If I understand Mathai's post (and I'm not totally sure I do) a problem of this degree would CERTAINLY not be a poor choice of equipment purchase.

40hz to 2.5khz???? Come on even the choice of equipment you dislike most is capable of reproducing most of these frequency's.

Mathai could you clarify???
They were mearly suggesting that no one with half a brain would pair up $1500 worth of software with a consumer gaming soundcard that most likely came with the computer stock.
The mismatch leads us to believe that the copy of nuendo is cracked. If that is the case, nobody is going to help this guy figure out the problem.

If I were to guess at the problem, it would have something to do with the setup of the soundcard or just the simple fact that he doesn't have any of the tools to do what he is trying to.

Well I hadn't thought of the cracked software aspect and to that end you may well be right......admittedly I'm not the suspicious type.

That being said and casting suspicions aside for a moment I still maintain that a problem of Titanic proportions that affect that broad a frequency range is not likely to be poor product choice. EVEN if it's a Creative SoundBlaster card. On the other hand I guess it very well could be improper setup of the card..don't know as I've never encountered a SB card. In the spirit of good-natureness however I'm still willing to help Mathai.

Just one question first.

Mathai......are you using cracked software again???

If he is not using cracked software, the advise above about selling it and getting Cubase sx 3 and a decent soundcard is still valid. Since the soundblaster stuff is for gaming, the control pannel has all kinds of settings for tone, 5.1 configuation, etc... hell, this thing only records in 16 bit. It plays back at 24 bit, but only records 16 bit. I think what he is saying in the original post is that he is lacking high end. My guess is that he is trying to plug right into the soundblaster without any preamps, mixer, proper cabling, etc... and everything sounds dull. My other guess is that he has something set wrong in Nuendo. It isn't a program for beginners and you need the manual and a fair understanding of recording to even begin to work it well.

thanks for the responses
farview u r right im using a cracked nuendo,i know the combination nuendo
and sb live sounds so weird,..u guys r pros,im just learning these things..
Right now i can't afford these softawares. i've a plan to buy protools HD
after learning the nuance of audio in the near future...
I know u guys won't help me after this confession...

This is not about cracked software...even if record it in other
softwares ,the problem remains...to be simple,even if i just record in windows
sound recorder and then playback the frequency spectrum is below 2.5 k

mathai

General Internet Rule #37:

If a person spells entire words with single letters and finds the Shift key just too much bother, they're using cracked software.

G.

mathai said:
thanks for the responses
farview u r right im using a cracked nuendo,i know the combination nuendo
and sb live sounds so weird,..u guys r pros,im just learning these things..
Right now i can't afford these softawares. i've a plan to buy protools HD
after learning the nuance of audio in the near future...
I know u guys won't help me after this confession...
You're right, contact Steinberg tech support for help, I'm SURE they'll be willing....... :rolleyes:

There are a handful of programs for less than $100 that will do most of what is required for recording. They are much easier to figure out than Nuendo and if you get on of those, everyone will be glad to help.

Anyway, while you are saving up for a $20,000 HD rig, you can probably spare $120 for an M-Audio card and $99 for Cubase SE. You will learn just as much about audio recording with these tools as you will with the top of the line Nuendo.

Back