Problem with Audacity

That thread describes using the Windows computer's built-in microphone by changing the privacy settings. Seems unrelated.

Your thread over there suggests it had to do with setting the device as both input and output? Maybe you could just articulate what you actually did to fix the problem on your system?

And that makes the USB interface work? Boy, have they screwed up Windows 10 if that's really the case.

It did it to a lot of unsuspecting folks that use Audacity or other DAW that can't use ASIO and have to fall back to Windows audio. Behringer for one, had been providing a link to Audacity for their interfaces and on their recording forum the Win10 privacy setting has popped up as a problem a good number of times for Audacity users.

It did it to a lot of unsuspecting folks that use Audacity or other DAW that can't use ASIO and have to fall back to Windows audio. Behringer for one, had been providing a link to Audacity for their interfaces and on their recording forum the Win10 privacy setting has popped up as a problem a good number of times for Audacity users.

And! This feeds into my rants against Bellringers.... You would THINK a company as massive and rich as Behringer would employ some top class code persons to write top class drivers even for their low end gear?

But then I suppose there was nothing they could rip off? I suspect "code" is easy to protect in that it has to be exact so proving its source is easy?

Dave.

And! This feeds into my rants against Bellringers.... You would THINK a company as massive and rich as Behringer would employ some top class code persons to write top class drivers even for their low end gear?

But then I suppose there was nothing they could rip off? I suspect "code" is easy to protect in that it has to be exact so proving its source is easy?

Dave.

It's not Behringer, it's Audacity that's the problem that it can't use use ASIO. Behringers ASIO drivers work fine in DAW's that can use it.

It's not Behringer, it's Audacity that's the problem that it can't use use ASIO. Behringers ASIO drivers work fine in DAW's that can use it.

Doh! Ok I got that wrong but! I STILL think Behrrys should pay for a decent cut down DAW instead of a "free" editor. Most other AIs come with one until you get to the top end stuff where people are already sorted.

Free in " " because I guess (?) bringer pay a fee for Audacity but not as much I bet as Steinberg or MAGIX would want.
(or do they just "suggest" peeps download it?)

Dave.

Behringer has had a free DAW for a long time. They also bundle Tracktion with some of their products...

Or is that free DAW evolved into Tracktion? Don't remember.

Link?

Yes, Audacity is very handy but not a "proper" DAW. Try this:Download Samplitude Pro X for free and produce your own music and if you like it there is a totally free version called "Samplitude Silver" limited to 8 tracks. Or give Reaper a go.

Have you done the obvious? Knocked out Windows Sounds? Those bleeping bloops? See, the great thing about ASIO is it keeps Msoft pretty much out of the loop.

Dave.

"there is a totally free version called "Samplitude Silver" limited to 8 tracks" Is or was? Got a link?
Thanks!

Jack

"there is a totally free version called "Samplitude Silver" limited to 8 tracks" Is or was? Got a link?
Thanks!

Jack

Not really but you might track it down (I'll have a look as well) but I suggest you go to the MAGIX site and get the Pro X demo. That will tell you if you like the DAW's MO.

Dave.

Back