Plz Plz...Need Quick Help

Hashoma

My Proplem is Noise while recording from Cassette 2 computer
I do the following when I try 2 record:
Record from line phone output in the cassette cuz i have no output in my cassette
also I have Dolby system in my cassette but I dont use it cuz its affect in the original signal in the Music
my sound card is Creative sound blaster live! value
Usually I record using Jet Audio 4.7
Also The record have more Bass and sometimes low treble
I want to control Bass and treble before I start to record.

I dont know If the proplem in the phone output jack or what.

Sorry my strange accent... I cant speak English Good
I hope for Help

hmmm...

Hashoma,

I'm new to posting here but have picked up many tips from reading the posts of many truly talented and intelligent musicians and sound people found here. Since no one has stepped up to field your question I'll try...

First, if this is a project of ANY importance, you may want to secure (borrow, rent, whatever...)a tape player that has a line out...this is a common feature on most cassette players I would think.

You may even find one with onboard EQ (4-track etc)to take care of your bass/treble concerns.

If you are limited to your present equipment, it sounds like you may have to bite the bullet and record as is and tackle the eq/noise reduction with whatever software you have.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help to you. I'm sure someone around here can offer more/better advice than this. Hang in there and good luck!

oh...almost forgot an obvious one. Check or replace your cable. This could be a factor with noise as well.

Cheers!

alvintostig,

Thank u for ur attempt 2 help me,and I know u r right. The output system is very necessary, cuz the phone output has very high level output.

I wish I can bye a new Cassette give me an ability to take the sound without passing to EQ, I mean no effects comes from EQ and no Bass. I think it will be better to control the sound. Also I think the treble that comes from the Cassette make more noise while recording.

But my question now, is it the phone output is the proplem, and the line output will solve the proplem?

Thank u again

Regards

Okay the line out willsolve most of your problems, but you will still need an audio editor to clean up the "hiss" that comes from all cassette's.... you may want to download a demo version of cool edit or something like that to do the final editing on.. i am not an expert on programs for cleaning up audio(i use protools but it costs$$$) but if you look around you can probably find something to suit your needs

Thankx 2lem - Acually Iam using CoolEditPro 1.2 clean up my Audio, but I want fast way 2 record. Let me know about ur Pro Tools?
I want also to know why the phone line make more noise,what is the defference between the phone line & the line out in scientific glossary like db,Khz...etc - maybe I'll learn something from it.
But I dont understand the meaning :-) ITS OKEY

no need for pro level recording programs. What you really need is a wav editing program. I suggest http://www.goldwav.com and nab the latest demo. It has all sorts of easy to use features such as noise reduction and noise gate. Also there is no real harm in using the headphone out, but be sure that the wire you use is a stereo line.

Well, just make sure whatever program U use doesn't just suck the high end out of your recording to get rid of the hiss, like many cheaper progs are likly to do. Other than that,

Good Luck,

Sabith

Back