playback popping

Dloz390

hi all,
i have been hearing really annoying popping sound when playing back a recorded track in cool edit pro, i am using a nforce onboard soundcard, cool edit pro 2.0, and my my operating system is win xp pro, once i mix down the file the popping is gone. im just having playback problems in cool edit and ive also tried using cakewalk and had the same problem. ive disabled all devices that are using the same irq as my soundcard and tried adjusting the buffer settings. anyone got any suggestions?
thanx in advance
DLoz

If it's only happening in CE, chances are there's insufficient audio buffers allocated. Try upping your buffer count

ive tried increasing the buffer, and i still have major playback issues, its not only in cool edit, same problem with anything ive tried using to record, is 256 ram/2gigaherts enough power?

Yeah, that's enough for no popping. I don't know about CoolEdit, but in Cakewalk, the biggest reason I would get popping is if my latency is set too low. Try increasing your latency. Also in Cakewalk, there is an option to try differernt driver (ASIO, WDM, MME). Try different drivers and see what happens. Also in Cakewalk, try re-running the "wave profiler".

Back