Pitch Correction for acousti guitar strum

jerberson12

mucis procedure
So I recorded 2 tracks of different acoustic guitar strum performance. Splitted left and right each. There some point where you can hear an out of tune string from the left acoustic guitar.
Is there a way to fix it using a plugin? Or do I have to re tune the guitar and redo the recording?

That is so mean! LOL! Jimmys69 says "This is not the Jimmy that Seinfeld has created an episode about!" :D

Now here's a thing . . . imagine if you could record multitrack guitar, and have each string going to a separate channel. That'd solve the OP's problem so sweat :D

Now here's a thing . . . imagine if you could record multitrack guitar, and have each string going to a separate channel. That'd solve the OP's problem so sweat :D

Shhh... someone will invent a device with six little hyper hyper hyper hyper cardioid microphones on it...

It exists, and it's stupid and overpriced.

One of Juszkiewicz's stupid fucking ideas.

Midi guitars have separate pickups for each string, right?

ReaTune in Reaper does pitch correction, to an extent, you need to select the key and have things tuned close to correct pitch, though.

At the risk of repeating myself.... check this out

Sorry, forum won't let me publish a URL until I have 10 posts...

So, search YOUTUBE for Melodyne DNA and watch the vid.... if you haven't seen this product yet, it is quite amazing.

JIM

Possible with this. I have not yet tried it tho.

Definitely cheaper to just re-record. :D

Jimmy is right on the money with Melodyne. It came bundled with some gear that I bought and it really is an amazing tool. Like anything, if you want to get the best results it pays off if you read the instructions and put some work in, but you can jump right in and shift pitches without much trouble.

They're now talking about being able to actually alter individual notes within a chord -i.e. actually change a major to a minor chord. I'm sure you'd need a pretty clean and uncluttered chord recording to work on, but that's still a pretty insane job of acoustic analysis. Here's one of their vids about it Melodyne

[EDIT: That vid is probably the one that the poster above refers to about DNA - Direct Note Access. ]

As others have mentioned Melodyne.
But for sure I would re-record the part making sure your guitar has been serviced before recording. Make sure the intonation is perfect, make sure you have new(ish) strings on, and also make sure your guitar is in tune. :)

G

Back