Pitch correction?

beezelbubba

Shitty Buddhist
I have a bass track that I like and don't want to have to redo,that is just a bit flat compared to concert pitch.The bass is in tune with itself.I've decided I want to add some midi stuff.Can anyone recommend a plugin that can alter the pitch of the bass w/o sounding really unnatural?I've tried Ntracks pitch shifter and am not terribly satisfied with the result!

hmm....

The only thing I can think of is to go note for note with something like Anatres Autotune. Of course you can see how much of a pain in the ass that can be. Especially with bass stuff.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't usually find myself in a happy situation involving autotune and a bass.

Probably easier to retrack it.

Don't know how well it works, as I've only played with it, never really tried to use it like you need, but....Madshifta

It's in a zip folder, about 1/2 a meg. It appears you can shift things in whole steps, or even in 1% increments. If you have any trouble getting it, let me know. It's a .dll file. Do you use vst type plugs?
Ed

I'd go the other way... you said you want to add some MIDI stuff. Most MIDI instruments have some sort of a tuning method. Barring that you could add a constant pitch shift. You'd get much better results than pitchshifting an audio track.

if all the the notes are the same amount out of tune, and that amount isn't to bad, you should be fine with most anything.

what are we talking here? 7cents, almost anything will do.
or 35 cents........ you're going to need something a little more serious (like auto tune)

this is a place that i would go into that 1% catagory and just run auto tune on auto, probably no need to hand tune every note in the song here.

Melodyne and Autotune can do this for you if it isn't that big of a change...If you need to change a lot, re-track it.

Back