phone sounding plugin?

GoatsTheAnswer

I wanna record the intro for a track as if I was over the phone talking is their a specific plugin or way to eq my voice to have that sound....any help is more than appreciated..thanks

Bandpass EQ.
Cut out all the lows, and cut out all the highs. Just leave a narrow little range somewhere around 1000Hz up to 2000Hz or something like that (experiment). Also a little distortion or lo-fi effect might help.

I've done this before using a plugin called "Bugpass" from here:

http://www.betabugsaudio.com/plugs.php

It's basically a real simple bandpass filter (and it's free...as are all of the plugs on their site)

some eq's have it already set under their presets...

or drop it to cd and have someone call you and record it through the phone (muy authentico!)

now i will sound like a complete Noob when i say this but how exactly do you use these plug ins. i know how to use the direct x plugins that come with soundforge cause i can just apply them in soundforge but i have recently downloaded a plug in which increases the volume of a mix without distorting it but i cant figure out how to use it, i can just like open it as a programme :o sorry im pretty behind in this. thanks

breeeeza said:
now i will sound like a complete Noob when i say this but how exactly do you use these plug ins. i know how to use the direct x plugins that come with soundforge cause i can just apply them in soundforge but i have recently downloaded a plug in which increases the volume of a mix without distorting it but i cant figure out how to use it, i can just like open it as a programme :o sorry im pretty behind in this. thanks

well if its an exec. file, just double click and it'll automatically install. if not, you need to find where the soundforge directory for plugins is, and drop the .dx in there..at least that's what it's like for RTAS.

jeez metalhead already told everyone how to do it, bandpass eq. Sounds kind of cool if you reamp it into a pignose and overdrive the speaker a bit for a little mild distorted telephone sound. Of course this effect is so cliche that I never want to hear it again. If I hear this overused sound on one more record it may make me launch vomit. You could do something even more orginal (wink wink) and also run it through a fuzz box.

I've seen boxes you can buy and put in your recording chains where you can actually record something coming through your phone.

GoatsTheAnswer said:
I wanna record the intro for a track as if I was over the phone talking is their a specific plugin or way to eq my voice to have that sound....any help is more than appreciated..thanks

T-Racks plug-in and you don't need to reamp it. It comes with a preset that sounds great.

T-Racks?!? For a phone effect?

*Any* decent EQ will do it. T-Racks doesn't have a tight enough rolloff anyway.

You're looking for an elliptic cut of everything below 300Hz and above 3Khz.
That'll do it.

Wait a minute - Isn't this thread ancient?

Back