New cheap Audio Interface.

jamie1981uk

I'm sure loads of forums have this and I'm sure loads of people have discussed it. What is the best or which do you feel is the best AI between £100-£300. A few key features would be....
1. Have great audio with a loud headphone output.
2. Great latency with a low buffer.
3. Works with Windows 10 64bit.
4. Great guitar input.
5. Guitar in, mic in and stereo inputs.

I have been using the Eleven Rack but I'm not happy with it (long story). I also have a Focusrite 6i6 1st gen and I've struggled with that too (the headphones were a lot lower compared to the 11R). Things I've looked at are Komplete Audio 6, Audient id22, Steinberg Ur44, PreSonus and so on. I'll be honest and say the Audio Interface part is way over my head and I don't know which is better.

Maybe off topic... but I'm curious why you aren't happy with the 11R, as that was what I would have suggested to you after reading your list of requirements.

I’d just get a headphone amp. The 6i6 is as good as anything until you spend a whole lot more and there’s a lot of other places to put money before the interface will really make a difference. A headphone amp with multiple outs and levels for each might be one. (But I suspect you are monitoring too loud, TBH.)

All IMO of course.

The 11R struggles to get low latency and when I put the buffer down it snap crackles and pops. Also, I really prefer Scuffham so the unit is only getting used as a Audio Interface. The Focusrite is gen1 and by all accounts the new gen2 is lower latency. I'm not fond of companies that tweak a old unit and repackage it only to forget about the people who originally bought it. I'm bitter ��. I agree I like it loud and probably too loud. It's like going to 10 but wanting it 1 louder.

Back