Need some assistance

dallen125

I'm not a newbie but I have a bit of a dilemma. I have such a mixed bag of studio equipment that has been disconnected for awhile due to moving. Here is what I have:

Suzuki HP-300EX Keyboard; Roland XP-60 Keyboard; Alesis D4 16-bit Drum Module; Roland DS-50A Monitor speakers (2); Roland VS-880EX 8-channel digital mixer; Steinberg MI4 Media Interface; Edirol UM-550 USB Midi Interface; Apple IMAC Computer running Cubasis VST 4.0 & MI4 Software interface;

It is all currently disconnected. I guess my question is do I really need all the above and if so, what is the best way to connect everything so I do not have to spend hours/days trying to get everything communicating? I had recorded to some extent in the past, but it has been a few years and I do not recall how any of this was connected. I am anxious to get recording again. I'd like a simple solution to record mostly from the Suzuki and Roland keyboards, interfaced to the Cubasis software on the IMAC.

This is all good equipment and I've been through the manuals a hundred times, but I'm getting more and more confused. Any suggestions on at least a basic start?

Thanks!

Back