Need help choosing a rec setup

Mitchellfwx

Hey guys. Been doing a bunch of research, and now that I have chosen a guitar out, I have a set budget on my mic and AI. Almost for sure, the mic will be an AKG p420. My AI, I have yet to come to a decision. I am looking at the tascam us1800, an avid c600, and others you may recommend? My budget is around 500. With good deals on ebay I can get it all down to about it. How does that setup sound like? I am slightly leaning towards the us1800, just because of the amount of inputs there is, but that c600 with pro tools is also intrueging, I need quality, great sound, and something thatll cost about 300, maybe slightly more. Ill be using this for both my vocals, guitars, keyboards, e guitar, bass, drums, etc. Just like any other band. Thanks a ton for your help!!

Also, if this matters, Ill be using a d1gt as my guitar.'

Cheers!
Mitch

I'm guessing that the version of PT that comes with that interface is the limited edition.
Check out Reaper for your DAW.

Don't forget you are going to need headphones (for tracking), monitors, mic stand, pop filter, cables, and if you are going to be recording drums eventually, a lot more mics!

I'm guessing that the version of PT that comes with that interface is the limited edition.
Check out Reaper for your DAW.

Don't forget you are going to need headphones (for tracking), monitors, mic stand, pop filter, cables, and if you are going to be recording drums eventually, a lot more mics!

Ive got all I need like the stands, cables, headphones, and some high quality monitor system. Just gotta pick out a ai and mic. And Alright! Will do! Thanks for the tip! Do you have any opinions on the two interfaces I listed?

Ive narrowed it down to the c600 and the tascam us 2000. Does anyone have anything bad to say about either? If its all good, Ill just pick on out of a hat.

Cheers!
Mitch

I have a Us-2000 and it is pretty darn simple to use. I have recording using all 8 xlrs at once, i also have a headphones out mix and used the lines in. It sounds good to me. I mean the pre's are what they are. For the price of this you are really getting it to cost-effectively have a lot of inputs. You will have 4 line-inputs to connect a better pre-amp if want. That is what i will be doing after i finishing treating my room.

I use reaper btw and it works seamlessly

steve.

Thanks Steve! I think I am just going to save up a little extra money and buy a fast track ultra instead. From reviews on this form and others online, It seems pretty much perfect for me.

Mitch

Back